I got a new pair of shoes! I realized that it has been a full year since I bought a new pair of shoes, and those were purchased off of EBay for $10! I guess I'm not much of a shoe shopper, but I love my new kicks!
Along with his stealthy crawling, Max is also climbing up a stair (just one stair so far), over baskets, onto Lucy... she yells out "Get him!" but I think that she gets in his way on purpose so that he has to go over her to continue on his path. It is a little game they play.
Devon took some time off of work for the holiday, and he spent some time "crafting" with Lucy. They were painting with water colors, and Devon's art was so nice that I hung it up in the kitchen.
Devon joined me and the kiddies for some Stroller Striding one morning, and though he was the only man in the group of mamas, he did a great job and said that he enjoyed the work-out :)
And then my parents and Molly arrived!
Happiness is watching your parents play with your children.
Out and about. We had lunch at Five Guys Burger and Fries (or something like that). I didn't eat a burger, but those who did raved, "Best burger ever!! Better than In-and-Out!!"
Can you guess what this is?
The cake became "Lucy's Garden," and, naturally, Lucy asked if we could all sing Happy Birthday to her. We obliged and even lit a candle.
Thanksgiving Day!
Max, Lucy and I bundled up to go watch a little bit of the Turkey Bowl!
Doesn't this look like a scene out of a movie (perhaps a certain vampire movie?)??
Dev, Joe and my dad were happy to have some fans :)
And Lucy insisted that Molly multi-task by playing cards and princesses.
We also played Catchphrase while waiting to load up the cars and head out for our Thanksgiving Dinner at Claimjumper!
A nice hearth picture at the restaurant :)
The "kids" table-- haha, just kidding Molly!
Dinner was yummy- even my dad was pleased and he is the pickiest eater in the world- and I didn't have to wash any dishes!!
Max had bananas and rice cereal, and he was pleased too :)
My parents went home, Devon went back to work, Joe went back to school, and Max and Lucy went back to teaming up to outnumber me and wear me out!
7 comments:
Annie!!! What a way to come back to blog world!! Gobble Gobble! You were right, we were DYING to know what mama Rantz has been up to! What a cute little crocodile you have!!! I still can't believe that he is on the move!! Get him!! Lucy is a crack up!
Okay, your shoes...10 dollars????!! They are so cute!! I myself bought myself some new tennies a couple months ago and hadn't bought any for 2 years but I can't share what I paid now that you can boast this great find!
Devon's crafting, your Dad's and Molly's multi-tasking carpet playing is adorable and very nice :). But NOTHING can compare to your Mom's new skill!!! Hold the phone!!! I am ready to place my order!!! I was super impressed!!!
I love love love all of the pictures of your family and I am soooo happy that they came to stay with you!!!! You btw look amazing and super stroller striding fit!!! The whole lot of you look fantastic and I can't wait to share in some of those games in a couple of weeks!!!
Oh and hopefully a cake or two??? Weswie, are you wistening???
I have missed you so much!
Thanks for a great recap and some super fab pictures!
Max is so big, I really can't believe how much he's grown, and ditto with Lucy. She's adorable! And Joe - handsome in his matching sweater and sox, no detail missed! ;o)
I'm super happy your family came to town and by the looks of it, it was a good visit - crafts, sweet treats (that are sooo pretty!) and card games?! love them all
You're so cute too! The hair - I love your bangs...they're bangin' and your shoes are super cute, super you!
MISS YOU!
thanks ladies!
btw, Molly cut my bangs :) Not only did my mom arrive with cake skills, but my sis arrived with hair skills! Now, what the heck are MY skills??????????
My new shoes were $19.99 at Nike outlet, and my shoes from last year were from EBay- didn't want to mislead!
Wow, Nike's for $20? Amazing shopper are you. Sorry I missed the cake. It was gone by the time I arrived on Thanksgiving day. Just shows how good it was. At least you preserved it on digital. Loved the photo of the two baldies. And Max even cooperated with a cute little smile.
Woops! I was confused! Still a screaming deal!!
Molly's skills are FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to utilize them myself!!!
Yay! Your back, your back! And with lots of photos too!
Sounds like you've had your hands full with a very busy and mobile little fellow! Well, I guess if you had to chase after a boy, there isn't one more cuter than Max! He is getting so big and I'm so glad he enjoyed his Thanksgiving dinner!
That cake looked both adorable and yummy and Lucy is one lucky little girl I tell ya; TWO "birthdays" in one year!
Love your shoes and I kid you not, I am in the process of posting right now and uploaded a very similiar pic too!
Oh and love the pic of you and Devon- too sweet! Although I am duplicating myself because I just said that on FB! :)
Post a Comment