December 31, 2009

The Final Post of 2009

Hello Friends!

Santa didn't bring me a new laptop this year. I guess that I forgot to ask for one.

I did, however, ask that my children take nice, long, simultaneous naps every afternoon. Santa laughed.

So, it has been a while since I've been able to post a new blog, and not for lack of events. We decorated a Christmas tree, took a road trip, enjoyed The Nutcracker Ballet... I have plenty to write about! But my time is limited by my kids (lets see how long a basket of magazines will keep Max entertained!), and my time is abused by my slooooowwwww computer.

But I am determined to write one final blog of the year!


THE BEST OF 2009

Best Getaway of '09
My best getaway of the year was the 20 minute drive to Swedish Hospital in Seattle. The accommodations were lovely, the food was great and delivered directly to my bed, and ice chips were the best I've ever had! My two-night stay will be remembered forever, and our souvenir from Swedish is the most delightful little boy who holds my heart in his chunky hand!













Best CD of '09
My sister bought me the Taylor Swift Fearless CD for my birthday this year, and I can hardly believe that there was music before there was "YOU BE THE PRINCE AND I'LL BE THE PRINCESS, ITS A LOVE STORY, BABY JUST SAY YES!!" Lucy sings "Love Story" at the top of her lungs. Lucy wants to be Taylor Swift. I want to be Taylor Swift. The rest of the CD is great, but "Love Story" is certainly a song that will define 2009 for our family. With any luck, I will someday get some video footage of Lucy singing this song. It is priceless!




Best Movie of '09
I went to see The Blind Side without any expectations. All I knew was that it was about football and that Sandra Bullock was blond. I am pleased to report that I walked away from the theatre with a full heart and a new perspective of what it means to be a mother to a motherless child. I was completely inspired. This story is full of life-lessons, but what I personally took from it is that love conquers all.
















Best TV Show of '09

So many to choose from! Devon and I admittedly enjoy many, many tv series, and our DVR is always full. I had to think long and hard about which one tops the list for me... the one full of drama (Grey's Anatomy), the one that keeps me on the edge of my seat (The Amazing Race), the one that I keep coming back to even though I constantly ask myself, "WHY DO I WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS SHOW?" (The Bachelor)... and the winner is The New Adventures of Old Christine because it makes me laugh out loud every week. I watch this show with a smile on my face :)


Best Motivation of '09

I know, I know... Best Motivation isn't really a category. I couldn't think of a better title, but I certainly couldn't make a Best of '09 list and not include Stroller Strides! My first day back to class after Max was born, I nearly passed out and was seeing black... oops! It took all summer for me to work my way from the back of the class (and I really do mean the very back of the class. I would get so far behind that Lucy would ask, "Mom, where did Stroller Strides go?"). I love these workouts. I love my mommy-friends that I've met at Stroller Strides. I love that I have visible muscles. I love my double stroller. I love that I can fit into my sister's clothes!


Best Host of '09

I have a big crush on Conan O'Brien, and I can't express how happy it makes me that he took over The Tonight Show. Devon might have a crush on him too (you know, a man-crush).










Best Book of '09

There are 4 books in this series- take your pick, they are all fantastic. If you haven't read the Twilight Saga yet, what are you waiting for??? Did you know that the author is a stay-at-home mother of three who had a vivid dream one night and felt inspired to sit at her laptop and relive the dream, thinking that it might make a good story? Three months later, Stephenie finished her first novel Twilight, and the rest is history.













Best Rantz Family Photo of '09



This would have been our Christmas card photo this year, but I didn't get around to ordering Christmas cards. If you were wondering why you didn't get a Christmas card from us, it isn't because you were cut from the list! Rather, there just wasn't a list!


From our home to yours, we hope that your Christmas was merry and that 2010 will be a joyful year for you and your family!


Much love, Mama Rantz

8 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh Annie, that first picture was enough to make me cry! Then you made me laugh so hard that it was your great getaway!

Fantastic recap of the "greats of 09"!!

Oh lets hope that Santa was listening to at least the napping part!!! :)

Oooops, Maysyn is coralling me away from the counter with almost a fury! I better oblige!

Wilson Girlzz said...

That first picture indeed is a tear jerker! I was (am still a little bit) a mess ;o)

I love your list and had no idea you could fit into Molly's clothes! OOOOMMMMMGGGG! :o)

Thanks for a great list and a recap of your fabulous year!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh, how could I forget to say something about Taylor!?

We love her too!!
Can't imagine life without her!!

comfy cozy said...

Oh yes, the first pic is sooo heartwarming! It gets me all mushy too!! There is NOTHING better than that moment and I'm so happy that 2009 provided that for you!

Okay, let me first acknowledge the fact that you put some time into this post and it is much appreciated! I like the way you organized it into magazine-like sections! :)

Soooo, I love Taylor too, though obviously I must get her cd! But isn't who she is as a person just seem like she's a gal that's got it going on?! It makes her music even all that much better! And Blind Side: the date movie that probably won't be playing by the time we get around to it so I'm glad to hear it's a must, even if it is a rental! :( And lastly, I've never watched that show but I just may be giving it a try because since Glee is on break, I've been watching absolutely nothing and I think I need some down-time!

Alrighty, that about wraps up my super long comment! Happy New Year Annie!!! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I'm Baaaack! Just wanted to say how much I loved the blind side too, and how much I love Taylor Swift. I still need her cd as well but I will be getting it pronto! Although, my favorite rendition will always be that of Lucy's!!!

Leslie said...

Great blog!!! The comment about what you took away from Swedish Hospital almost made me cry :), I think you might actually be too small for Mollys clothes! First time ever I am sure!

Gina said...

Happy New Year Rantz family! Annie, I'm so thankful for your blogging... I love getting to know your kids! You have such a precious family. Wishing you a happy, healthy and blessed 2010.
-Gina

Jacqui Lott said...

Love it Annie! Great list - and I felt exactly the same way about The Blind Side, too.

The first and last photos are priceless.

Hope to see you at Stroller Strides soon. I'm attempting the 6am classes now, though... Eeeeaaaarly!!