There is a new crossing guard in town, keeping the pedestrians of the neighborhood safe!
It is our very own Joseph, and we are so proud!
We are also very proud of this chunky guy because he just started eating "real food," which is a horrible representation of real food!
The whole family was really excited about Max's first non-boob meal. Devon had the video camera, Joseph was taking pictures, I was feeding, and Lucy was a cheerleader.
Lucy asked if she could try Max's food, so I gave her a little, and she couldn't spit it out fast enough! She even cried real tears as she tried to wipe rice cereal off of her tongue using a kitchen towel. Totally dramatic! Fortunately, Devon got it all on video, and, even better, she is only wearing underwear, so we've got some great blackmail footage for when Lucy is a teenager :)
If I haven't mentioned it before, I should note that Max adores Joe. Whenever Joe is in the room, Max stares at him, dying for his attention. If Joe talks to Max or makes faces at him, Max's whole body responds in glee. It is pretty adorable. I am not sure why Max was staring at Joe in the picture below, but he stared for so long that I had time to go get my camera and snap a pic.
Devon stayed home with Lucy one morning while I went to Stroller Strides with Max, and I returned home to this sight:
They were coloring, and Lucy was in a Snow White dress, and this scene made me smile and made me grateful that I am married to the type of man who sits in a tiny chair at a tiny table coloring princesses with his princess-dress clad daughter before he heads off to work :)
Max is almost 6 months old! Can you believe it??!!
He is snuggly and giggly and chunky and perfect!
And I am very pleased to report that he is still a mommy's boy!
5 comments:
I was TOTALLY thinking I would see YOU in a crossing guard vest with a bright flag...but, JOE!? That's awesome! Tell him he looks great!!
Now, I have to admit, the picture of Devon and Lucy coloring made me tear up - it's so sweet!
And Mr. Max! Whoa Baby, Lover Boy is growing up so fast! Rice cereal already?! I love the picture of him staring at Joe (maybe it's the lack of neck) he's totally zoned in.
And...your hair is super cute! I am seriously debating just taking this picture straight to Beth and telling her "dido this!" I'll stay brunette so I won't be too much of a copy cat ;o)
LOVE YOU!
Oh, what sweet pics! And what a good daddy Devon is! The pic of Max staring up at his sweet big bro is adorable too! It's cute to think that Max will grow up thinking the world of Joe and maybe a little reminder to Joe to always be a good boy! Being a role model is big stuff! :)
I'm happy for you that Max is hip on rice cereal- Lucy and Hanna's reactions were just about the same! Hopefully that means that Max won't be a picky eater, 'cause picky eaters sure can be challenging sometimes!
I thought you were going to be the crossing guard too!!! Well Joe makes a perfect one indeed!
I love the tiny table tiny chair Hubby! You picked a good one Annie!
Lucy could not be cuter and lover boy is delicious! Joe is super cute in a very cool tween way :)! What a good big brother.
See you soon Annie!!!
I am proud of Joe too!!! That is so cool! When did Max get 2 chins? He is so chunky I cannot wait to nibble him! I am so glad you married Devon, he is such a good daddy as well as husband :) Btw, you are both looking very fit and healthy :)
Congrats to Joe! I am very proud of him. He is taking after his dad who was also a crossing guard (Remember Devon?). Cute chunky Max, getting cuter every day and Princess Lucy with her adoring daddy. Love the pics. Loved seeing him eat squash for the first time Sunday. He made some very interesting faces :-)
Post a Comment