After my doctor's appointment in Bellevue, I decided that we needed a treat from Whole Foods. I had a cupcake in mind, but as I was scanning the bakery display, drooling over every item, the woman behind the counter asked if she could give Lucy a cookie-- well, of course, you can! Lucy got a heart-shaped sugar cookie, iced in hot pink and covered in sugar crystals! For free! What a deal! She took a couple of bites, and then gave the rest to me :) No money spent!
Whole Foods has tiny little Lucy-sized shopping carts, and Lucy was more than pleased to be pushing our empty cart through the store. We came to a dead stop though when I read the sign that said "Burn More Calories With Every Step." Hmmm, okay, I'm listening!

My Tuesday Tip is this- Earth Footwear. Embrace your inner hippie, or embrace your inner mommy-- either way, I thought that these shoes were cute, and then I tried them on and they feel fabulous (think Birkenstocks meet Danskos, but WAY cuter!), and they supposedly burn calories. Do they also do the dishes and take out the trash? You can find more info at www.earthfootwear.com
Take a look at my two favorite pairs--


The bad news is that these shoes are pricey ($100+). I'm thinking "push present" (you know, after I push out your child, Devon), or Mother's Day (hint hint!).
Have any of you seen, heard of, or purchased these shoes? Do you like them? Have I completely gone granola?
The doctor appointment went well. Another blood test- yuck. The baby's heartbeat was strong, my measurements are good, and I've gained another 4 pounds. I'm super tired and achey, and I am really looking forward to not being pregnant anymore! I am counting the days until Max comes :)
4 comments:
I love the shoes. Maybe good grandma shoes too? They are cute and look comfy too. Baby Max has less than two months before he makes an appearance. Yikes! How exciting. I guess you are ready to exchange a big tummy and tired and achey for no sleep. At least you can love the little guy and enjoy not sleeping. Sort of.
Shoes that are adorable and burn calories?!I love the brown shoes the best! Do you think that they could help with a sassy teanager too? If they can do that then one hundred bucks would be a bargain!
Great tip Annie!
I am especially excited to hear that baby Max is getting ready to come and great us all! Mama needs to kick her feet up! It's time to rest! Get the bucky and some brownies and finish growing that
sweet baby boy!
So happy to hear that Max is doing well and that he gained 4 lbs! :)
I actually really like the shoes! So, in my book, no you haven't gone granola! And, WTH, they burn calories? Maybe the idea will become mainstream soon!
Enjoy your visit with Andrea and her fam as I imagine you all are together right now. And, yes, try to kick those feet up! The countdown is on!!!!!!!
Am I the only one that thinks that they are granola? However, I do own-and love-a pair of Dansko's. So I say, if they are comfortable-wear them. I also wear my cowboy boots on a regular basis..so who am I to judge?
I can't believe how quickly Max will be here! Hooray! Have fun this weekend.
Post a Comment