I am getting big, big, bigger, and little Max is getting bigger too. When he moves around, my whole belly contorts! I find myself complaining about being uncomfortable, and heartburn, and exhaustion... but I try to remind myself that these last 45 days can also be very special-- I have Max all to myself! I can feel his every move, I can feed him without taking my shirt off, I can carry him and still have both hands free... See, there are some positive aspects of the third trimester, right?

Yesterday, my friends Mary Beth and Michelle hosted a baby shower for Max. It was great! Ladies from church and from Devon's softball team came to the shower, and Devon's mom even made it back from Kansas in time to be there too. I feel so blessed to have such great friends!




It was so fun to see all of the BLUE! When Lucy was born, I really indulged in PINK, and therefore, Max is already a completely different experience :) I definitely feel more prepared now to bring our baby boy home from the hospital-- he has clothes, and burp cloths, blankets, bibs, etc. I am so grateful for all of the gifts, and at the end of the shower, Michelle and Mary Beth prayed for me and Max, and for Devon, Joe and Lucy too, which was so special! Max is going to enter a world where he is already very loved!
Andrea and her family came up from Bend, Oregon, to visit us last week, and though I promised myself to properly document the visit with pictures, my camera battery was dead... so that was the extent of my efforts :( Andrea picked up my slack with some pictures (thanks buddy!). It was great to catch up with Andrea-- we stayed home for the majority of the time, watching plenty of Noggin with the little girls (Quentin is such a trooper!), but we did manage a trip to Ikea!
Andrea arrived with gifts for our baby boy, and I have to show off her talents! Before Lucy was born, Andrea made these letters for the kids:

Now Max is part of the club too! Andrea, I love the letters!

Devon's mom, aka "Ucy's Maga", has finally returned to us! We are all very happy to have her back home in the Pacific Northwest, and I think that it is safe to say that she is happy to be back too! She is staying with us for the next 3 weeks until she moves into a new apartment, and Devon and I are hoping to take advantage of our built-in-babysitter! Last night we escaped the house at 8:30pm and went out to dinner. I know, we are wild!
Welcome back, Donna!
4 comments:
You look amazing!:) You might feel huge, but you look cute as can be. I cannot wait to meet the little guy! Also tell Donna I think she looks marvelous!
45 days! Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you. I agree with your mom, you look amazing. And what a great shower. Those invitations were darling! So were Andrea's letters! I'm glad you're feeling prepared for Max's arrival. Now, please, go kick those feet up EVERY chance you get! :)
Welcome back blogger buddy! I've missed you so much and you did not disapoint with the recap!
Your shower looks like it was so much fun and I am so happy that you are stocked and ready for Max's arrival!
Thanks for the props on the letters - I hope they work out to Max's liking ;o) at least he can't object for a little while.
I love your perspective on keeping Max all to yourself for the next 45 days (OMG by the way!) - the best part was that you are able to feed him while keeping your shirt on...AMEN sista!
It's good to hear Donna made it back to the NW safe and sound, and I bet she is so happy to be with all of you! Take advantage of her helpfulness!!
I miss you bunches and think you look great!!
Mama Rantz Returns!!! WOOOOOHOOO!!! You have been sorely missed in blog world!!!
You dooooo look AMAZING!!!! Glowing and truly all belly!
Your shower looked like it was sooo much fun! I loved the balloons especially the blue and white polka dot one! I am a huge fan of polka's!
Andrea's letters are awesome and I did get the privelage of seeing them in person when I visited and I can attest to them being simply adorable! Max's letters are no exception!
Yay for baby Max entering his final month in the womb! It really is a special time and yes the last time your body will take care of him on cruise control!
Time for bowls of ice cream perched on top of the belly!!
Keep the posts comin'!!!
Post a Comment