"Many women feel an urge to cut their hair during pregnancy--but don't make any dramatic changes right now. Your hair will likely thin out in the months after giving birth, so you may want to wait about six months after your baby's born to overhaul your look... You may want to avoid harsh bangs or a multi-layered style, since these tend to accentuate a heavy face." (The Baby Center Essential Guide to Pregnancy and Birth)
Oops! I had a hair appointment on Sunday night, and it was with a stylist that I've never been to before. He was quite fabulous, and he was inspired to give me a new look--something stylish and easy to maintain--so he got to work, and I left the salon feeling pretty good about my bold new cut! When I got home, I saw Donna first, and she liked the new cut but was surprised that it was so short. Then I saw Devon, and he said that he loved it. And then I saw Joe, who gushed over how much he liked my hair, followed by, "I just knew that you were going to get your hair cut like Ellen!" ELLEN?!
My only response was, "Ellen? Oh. You really think so?"
"Yes, look in the mirror! It looks just like Ellen! I love it!"
Devon and Donna had to assure me that I did not, in fact, take any resemblance to the world's most famous lesbian (not that I don't love Ellen-- who doesn't love Ellen?).
Anyway, here is the new cut. I am still working on finding the right product to make this style as sassy and fun as can be.
Look who has a place in this world! Max! Devon and I assembled the crib this weekend, and then I filled it with Max's stuff. I think that it is part of my mental process of visualizing him in our home. And don't worry-- I am sure that it is written somewhere in The Baby Center Essential Guide to Pregnancy and Birth that a crib should not be anywhere near a third-story window, but we will put a safe distance between the crib and the window, and besides, the crib was in the same place when it was Lucy's bed (not that she spent much time in it...), and she never fell out the window!


5 comments:
Okay, you are sooo not Ellen! And, besides if you were, Ellen is totally fab!! I like the new 'do! The quote from Baby Center is so funny because I distinctly remember reading that when I was prego!
Love Max's new digs! Alright, Hanna is so not happy right now so I must go, but I do love your new hairdo! You look cute and sassy! :)
NO ELLEN RESEMBLANCE............. but you are precious! Cracking up at your blog entry... yes, we've all been there, wanted some drastic change while VERY pregnant. But you know what? YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look! ;-)
You are seriously cracking me up!!! You look adorable!!! I remember that quote from Baby Center too!!! You really look amazing and you have always been able to sport ANY hair style! So you rock it Mama Rantz!!!
I have always loved your crib! So cute! Max is on the serious countdown! I think your ticker says only 34 days?! Woa!!!
Glad you got your hubby today!
I'm loving the short hair too - is it your reinvention? If so, I seriously approve!
Max is going to come into this world (effortlessly, by the way) and say "dang! my mama is a hottie!"
I like what Andrea said...Hottie Indeed!!!! I still say the cover of Fit Pregnancy is calling your name!! Glad you let "new hair guy" do his thing! Again, I love it!!!!
Post a Comment