May 13, 2020

Max is 11!

For Max, this quarantine is quite ideal. He doesn't really like to leave the house, ever, and though he goes to school without making a fuss, he certainly prefers to stay home. 
I was feeling bad that we couldn't celebrate Max's 11th birthday with a party or with friends, but Max wasn't too sad at all. We did bend the rules a little bit and allowed Brady to sleep over, so that was really fun for Max. He did not want a birthday parade or any video messages. He didn't want much of a fuss. He selected all of our meals- apple dutch baby for breakfast, avocado tacos for lunch, and mac 'n cheese 'n peas for dinner, with ice cream on top of hot chocolate chip cookies for dessert. 
Max is such a sweet and tender hearted boy. I love him to pieces, and I hope that his anxiety-ridden self heals and savors this time of being safe and home with the family. 

Catan with Brady and Devon
"Mom, don't take pictures!" Zoom call with his class

It is hard to see, but Max's teacher had a "Happy Birthday Max!" on the board behind her


Max and Liam write messages to each other during the Zoom call
Grandma Donna came by with a birthday card. We haven't seen her in weeks!
Video games in Joe's room. No one ever puts the toilet seat down. 
Max's teacher tried to sneak over with a card, but we caught her!

Nana & Papa brought by a card that was extended by a 6 ft pole!
Liam's family drove by with a gift. "Mom! I said I don't want a parade!" There is no parade- I promise!
Jaden brought over a birthday card. These two have been buds since kindergarten

Max's favorite dinner

Then we broke the rules some more when my parents stayed for a game...





His birthday wish probably was to be quarantined forever

Tutu & Coco


No comments: