September 24, 2013

Summer Finale

Summer is over, and I, for one, could not be happier about fall's arrival!
Ever since we moved, I've been fussy and hot and sweaty and whiny- none of which make for a pleasant me!  The temp has finally gone down a bit, and the air conditioning has been replaced with open windows, and my mood is a bit- well- cooler!
Here are some pictures downloaded from my phone.  This is what we have been doing:

Fantasy football draft at my parents' house

Seth and Carlee brought lobsters from Maine

Max, Lucy and I have spent many afternoons at our community pool

And I lounge poolside, looking like this,

and they learned to do this-

 

Strange, Max and Lucy have more homework than Joe.  Hmmmmm.....

Max and Noa, playing in the sand at the lake

A reminder that I really ought to wake up in the morning before Lucy leaves for school.  Her outfits often need approval.

Me and Seth, comparing bellies

Date night!  Our first night out alone since our move! Dinner and a movie- "The Way Way Back"- loved it!

A birthday party at the pumpkin patch- Max on Rhodie

Lucy on Dakota

I love these babies....

And speaking of babies....
We have learned that this little, adorable profile belongs to.....

our baby BOY!
I was not surprised to learn that the baby is a boy- my intuition was right this time!
The kids were all excited, even Lucy, who quickly confirmed that she will not have to share her room!
And Max, delighted, exclaimed, "I knew there was a wiener in there!"
Baby boy, who we loving call "Falcon" as Max suggests (but, seriously, I'm not naming him Falcon),
is growing well and is still due on January 6.
Can't wait to meet him!

And I see that Joe is absent from these pictures, but he hasn't not been absent at home.  He has been busy with school and baseball and he even works a few hours here and there at the Sleep Shop.  He is doing well and loves being a California boy!

3 comments:

Katie Lott said...

The belly shots got me! Can't lie, I'm a little misty eyed. Buuuut... I did get a Zeeks cookie tonight with the kids and friends, so I'm happy to share that. Miss you so!

Just Me said...

Love the shots of the littles doing cannon balls. They can SWIM! I too love these babies. Maybe now that I have my own place I will see more of them. They are the busiest littles ever. "Falcon" definitely has Lucy's little button nose.

The Browns said...

You look FABULOUS:) Everyone looks so happy. I'm glad you're here. Hope to see you soon.