No, 34 15 43 is not a locker combination. We've celebrated some birthdays since we've moved to California!
My 34th birthday landed on our moving day. The day before, we loaded the moving truck and left Washington, landing at Molly and Aaron's place around 10pm. Much to my surprise, my mom and Molly had planned a birthday dinner with a beautiful cake... I only wish we had arrived earlier and that I'd been in a better mood!
The next morning, I snapped a picture with my sis before we hit the road, and the rest of the day was spent behind the wheel. My mom was kind enough to read me my birthday text messages and Facebook messages, but otherwise, the big move trumped the birthday, and at 34 years old, that didn't bother me one bit.
| I look tired! |
| My birthday passengers |
When we arrived at our new rental home that evening, we were met by Seth and Carlee, who had brought pizza for dinner, and a crew of men from my parents' church who helped us unload the moving van and put the boxes and furniture in the right rooms. These guys were so helpful, and they made it possible for all of us to sleep in our own beds in our own rooms on our first night. I'll consider that a birthday gift!
Joe's birthday was the 24th of August, and though I offered several options for how he could spend his special day, he really didn't want to do anything. So, Devon, Max, Lucy and I all went about our day, leaving Joe home alone with some donuts for breakfast, and I think he was happy to have the peace and quiet! After work, my parents joined all of us at Leatherby's for a special birthday dinner and ice cream dessert. Joe was a happy birthday boy, and I just can't believe that he is 15!
Devon enjoyed a day-off on his birthday! Being so close to Labor Day, he is usually hard at work, selling beds, on September 3rd. But this year, he got to golf with my dad, workout in our garage, and we took his mom to look at an apartment nearby, we enjoyed lunch at Wings, played with the kids, and hosted a big family dinner. Seth catered, and at Devon's request, he made tri-tip beef, Greek salad, garlic roasted potatoes, and corn on the cob. My parents brought a cake. It was his "best birthday ever"!
| Joe and Devon received these awesome "Alaskans" shirts from our family up north :) |
The bonus number is 8-
On August 12th Devon and I celebrated 8 years of marriage! Seth and Carlee hung out with our kiddos while we dined at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with my parents who were celebrating 35 years of marriage.

1 comment:
8675309eeeeeine :))))
Haha! Those are my numbers, get it? I think if you have to say "get it"? it's not a good sign!
LOve the update and all the birthday pics!!! Amazing that the moving crew was waiting for you all!
The picture of Max and Lucy especially killed me!!!
Wish I could have seen you today. :( See you next week!
Post a Comment