I am not sure if Joe and Lucy noticed that they lost 3 weeks of summer when they moved to California. It has been less than 2 months since they were released for summer, and yet they are already back in school. Their schools in Washington do not start until after Labor Day!
Joe started high school yesterday. He is a freshman at Bear River, which is where my brothers and I went to school. He even has a teacher that I had when I was there! I didn't get a 1st day of school picture of Joe, but he probably would have given me some teenage-attitude if I had tried, so oh well. After two days of high school, Joe says that he is happy and that he likes Bear River.
Lucy started school today. 1st grade!!
She was a little bit nervous as we made our way to the school this morning. I was nervous too. But when I picked her up this afternoon, she said that she had a great day and that she has already made a friend. Yay!
I am really proud of the kids. They are being so brave to start new schools without the comfort of familiar faces.
And as for Max, he will hang out with me for a while until we figure out his preschool options. Today he and I went to breakfast with my mom and then stopped by her store, Nest, where Max got comfy in a recliner and was very disappointed that I wouldn't buy him the chair for his bedroom.
Silly boy.
Devon has already joined a softball team, and he is playing a late-night game right now. He is enjoying his new job, and if only the A/C in his car would work, he would have very little to complain about. In fact, he said that he has never been happier. :) Gotta love a happy husband!
And me? I am doing pretty well. I'm not sure if this feels like home yet or if I just feel like we are visiting and that we will soon be heading back to our lives in Issaquah. But I am really happy to be near family, and I love having Devon home for dinner every night. I am almost half way through this pregnancy- isn't that crazy? The baby is very active, and I love feeling the little flutter!
Stay tuned for more updates! I've got so much to share, but I really have to pace myself or I'll be too overwhelmed to post at all! :)
1 comment:
Oh my, Lucy looks so Little Lady, so grown up. I want to hug her so much! Max, I don't blame you for wanting that chair in your bedroom at all! So glad Joe and Lucy like their schools and can't wait to see you all when I get down there one of these days soon I hope.
Post a Comment