March 21, 2013

Spring is Here!

Gosh, friends!  I don't know what is happening.  I sit down to blog, and my mind is blank.  I can't convince myself that I have anything interesting to write.  And I don't have many pictures to share or stories to tell, so I just don't blog at all.  Hmph! Forgive me, please, if you check in occasionally and find that I haven't posted anything new. 
 
I guess I'll just write something and hit publish and go from there for the sake of not abandoning Mama Rantz and Co.!

So, spring is here! Spring has found me nesting.
It is normal, this spring cleaning phenomenon.  It gets the best of us.  We tackle big projects like reorganizing the garage, and we make small adjustments like changing out the brush-head of a Sonic-Care toothbrush.  Our efforts are focused on a feeling of fresh and clean.  Have you been spring cleaning? 
My nesting has included hanging things on the wall.  And even a bit of crafting (I know, it is shocking.  Crafting usually makes me break out in panic).  Want to see?


 
Lucy wanted a small bedside table, I bought an unfinished stool and painted it with gray chalk paint.  Maxy helped me.  The stool is a bit low to be called a "table", but she sets her books and water on it, so I suppose it serves it's purpose. By the way, I love the Martha Stewart chalk paint :)

 
I loved the chalk paint so much that I painted a canvas and hung it on Lucy's wall. I wanted to write "You are my sunshine," but Lucy preferred that I write "Listen to the beat of your heart, Keep on dancing". We compromised on "I love you to the moon".
 
 

Elsewhere in the house, I needed a new spot to hang pictures, so behold...  the staircase.


I just love all of these pictures.  My favorite is this one of my mom-

 

And finally, I used a shadow box frame to hold Lucy's first pair of ballet shoes. I printed a picture of three-year old ballerina Lu for the backing.  I stole the idea from Pinterest.

 
 

Spring has also found me singing new songs.



Ah, Justin.  Why do I love you so? 
His new CD came out on Tuesday, and I sped to Target to make my purchase (Target's CD offers exclusive songs).  The teenage girl within me was totally freaking out, but my thirty-three year old self was trying really hard to play it cool.  My minivan has never sounded so good.

 
 
 
And spring has found us seeking the sun.
 


 
How has spring found you?
 


5 comments:

Just Me said...

I love the slides! And your wall pics (especially one of Lucy and I) and I love your crafty crafty side.
And I was so happy to check tonight and see a new Mama Rantz and Co blog! Thank you.

Just Me said...

PS- I don't worry about you and Justin since you are both married :-)

Leslie said...

Yes, actually! i had a spring cleaning frenzy of my own a few days ago....even cleaned the pillars! And nesting??? Boy, have I been "nest"ing! Hehe!! Loved the pic's of my adorable grandkids, love the chalk paint and super love you!!!!
Mom

Leslie said...

oh! I forgot to say i LOVE the shadow box! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

my comment was just deleted.

super hard to recreate the initial gushy comment, ya know?

well I said lots of I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of this post and you!!!!!!

i said that i especially loved the shadow box!!! chalk paint is magical!!! i said that i am nesting too!

love you