A couple of weeks ago, my laptop refused to function and threatened to wipe out all of my saved documents. From my smartphone, I quickly Googled "HP laptop system restore" and found a number of ideas that I was willing to try in order to 1. save my photos and videos, and 2. get my computer to work again 3. without spending any money so that I could 4. resume my online Christmas shopping and 5. post the video of Lucy's recent ballet recital on this here blog. Yes, I was planning to fix the computer by myself, as if I am a Google-trained I.T. department. Devon convinced me that my photos and videos are far too valuable to risk losing by *coughcough* pretending that I know my way around a Windows 7 system restore process, and I reluctantly agreed, so a very long visit to Best Buy later, I spent a few great Christmas gifts worth of dollars and truly waved my freak flag in front of Mickey, a Geek Squad member. My freak flag plea involved telling Mickey all about my kids and Lucy's ballet recital and I nearly shed a tear, "You just have to save these memories. I really need you to fix my computer."
It has been a week now, and I still haven't heard from Mickey, but in the mean time I've been Christmas shopping from my phone and realizing that my eyesight is getting bad and that I'm getting old.
Today Devon left me his iPad to play with while he is at work. Yay! I'll paint you a quick picture- it is raining outside, and Max, Lucy and I are warm inside. There is a fire in the fireplace, a Christmas tree by the window, and even see wrapped gifts under the tree. And the iPad is bringing me so much joy!
Cross your fingers that Mickey works his magic, because you've just got to see Lucy's ballet performance!
Love, Annie
1 comment:
I can't wait to see Lucy's ballet recital...again. I would be so freaked out too. But I would have been calling Mickey every day to see if he has fixed it yet. Pretend you are annoying (like me) and call Mickey with a tear in your throat. And if need be tell him Tony Soprano or Nucky Thompson will be coming to visit him :-)
Post a Comment