November 1, 2012

(it was a) Happy Halloween!

Another Halloween is done and in the books!
 
I think I've said this before- I love being a mom at the end of October.
I mean, of course, I love being a mom year-round, but there is just something extra heart-warming about seeing my kids in costumes, with big smiles on their faces, knocking on strangers' doors, saying "twick or tweat!", bringing home an assortment of candy...
Ah, yes.  Such a joy, those little candy-fetchers.

This year, Lucy chose to be Merida, the heroine of Disney's Brave.  The wig kills me!



Max chose to be black Spiderman, as opposed to red and blue Spiderman, which was so last year.  Yes, the muscles are amazing.



And Joe...  well...  much to his disappointment, Devon and I made the decision that Joe would stay home and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters rather than go out with friends.  He is getting big, you know.  Like, too big to trick-or-treat, we think.  But he did dress up for school.  He was a nerd. :)


Our first Halloween event was Eastridge Church's Fall Festival.  Our party of five went, and we had a lot of fun playing games and checking out all of the other fun costumes. 


our friends, Caleb and Aliya


On a different day, the little ones and I went to a birthday party at a local barn/pumpkin patch.  The barn was just perfect for housing all of the costumed kiddos and games and treats...




And then everyone headed out to the pumpkin patch to run around.





I thought it would make a nice photo- Max sitting on a pumpkin.
He disagreed.
And it looks like he is sitting on a toilet.



Finally, it was Halloween.
And just in case you haven't seen enough of that big red wig...

Little Molly joined us (and her parents too)


Devon and Grandma Donna
 
we gave Joe some business
 
The challenge of the night was teaching Max to graciously accept candy rather than be selective and express his opinions.
We heard a lot of,
"Not chocolate again!"
"I don't like chocolate!"
Yes.  He was that kid.

 
The spookiest part of the night?  We realized that Joe has finally grown taller than me. Scary!!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Now I am really impressed with that red wig, considering all the action it got BEFORE actual Halloween. Twick or Tweeting with Max and Lucy was fun, as always.

Lisa Blake said...

LOVE your super festive Halloween!!!!! You looked so pretty as usual!!!! SO FUN!!!!

BTW Tanner has officially surpassed me in height as well! WEIRD!!!!!! :)