April 7, 2012

Rosy Cheeks, Full Heart

Oh my goodness, what a week!
I feel like I've been on a vacation!
My mom and dad, my sister Molly, and Molly's fiance Aaron arrived on Monday to spend a few days with us.  We all had a really great visit, and the time together passed too quickly, as it usually does.  I have many pictures to share, but I figured I'd pace myself so that I'll have some blogging material to work with over the next few days.

But for now, here are some scenes from the evening that they arrived-
Joe was quick to invite Aaron to play video games with him, and Aaron kindly accepted the challenge.  And Max took his spot on my dad's shoulders, quite possibly his favorite place to be.

Unfortunately, Joe had a full week of school and baseball practice, so he didn't get to spend much time with the group.  So, when he was around, he made sure to participate in whatever was happening, such as a game of Candyland.




So, as I said, I'll get back to the fun details of their visit, but I must share that today was a beautiful, glorious, blue sky, sunshiny day!  Seriously!  Let the weather report state that today was warm and sunny!
The kids and I got an early start on the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Eastridge Church.
We met our friends Brooke, Caleb and Aliya there, and while Brooke and I took our almost-3-year-olds to their hunt, Joe kindly took the 5 year olds, which explains the fact that I don't have any pics of Lucy during the egg hunt.  But here is Max in action-

Aliya and Max (and a random child in the background!) ready to hunt for eggs!

Forget all of the super obvious eggs that are scattered all around.  Max was focused on the eggs that were in the back of the dump truck.


Aliya and Brooke

The happy kiddos, post hunt.

And another one, plus Joe, because he is a kid too, sort of :)
After a quick trip to take Joe to baseball practice, we returned to ride the train.  Fun for all!

See?  Blue sky!!!

The rest of the day was spent outside, and I sit here tonight with warm, rosy cheeks and praise God for days like today.


Check back soon, because I've got plenty more to share from my week that felt like a vacation but was not a vacation.


And Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

I so missed your weather report and it is good today too.

Lisa said...

Awwww I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!!! :)))

So happy for you Annie!!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Cute pictures!
I'm so happy that you had some visitors and that Easter was a success - the kiddos look so big!

Can't wait to see more pix!

Oh, and could Max look any more like your dad!!?? They need to be Dr. Evil and Mini Me for Halloween some year ;o)