April 10, 2012

Lucky

Four full days of sunshine!  I am beside myself with joy and optimism!

I trust that you all had a nice Easter.  We did!  Devon had the day off from work, and we were able to go to church as a family.

a sweet little table centerpiece that Lucy made at school

After church, we spent the day at Aunt Merry's house, where the kids each received new swimsuits, and, yes, Lucy's bikini came with an extra dose of sass.



This was the first year since forever that we had an Easter egg hunt outside in dry weather instead of inside the house while it rained outside.

The kids are on spring break right now, so we've had plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun, like a picnic in the park after Joe's baseball practice-



Today is Devon's Saturday, and since the kids are home and our calendar is clear, it actually feels like a Saturday, rather than a Tuesday.  We went on an outdoor excursion, and as I sat in the sun and watched the kids play, I couldn't help but feel so lucky.  We are healthy and we love each other and we live in a beautiful place...  and in the distance I could see our minivan, and even that darn minivan makes me feel lucky.  I feel blessed beyond measure.  (See, that sunshine really ought to stick around!  I'm in a much better mood!)

my favorite foursome, walking back from the basketball courts 
look out, NFL- Max has football skills! :)
you've got to love an auto-timed family photo!

And speaking of lucky....
Last week, while my family visited from California, my sister was able to check off a task on her wedding-planning to-do list.  She needed to select dresses for the flower girls, and we found perfect dresses at a local store called Lucky You.  If you live nearby, I highly suggest that you visit Lucky You in Gilman Village- a great little gift shop.  And you might want to pose with their sign...

lucky them...

lucky me....

lucky Lu!

It was a cold and blustery day, but we took to Seattle like tourists-
the famous pig in the market
my mom took this picture with her fancy camera, and I am in love with this picture :)

my mom took this picture too

we bought a yummy bag of warm donuts in the market, and, yes, we ate them all



The adventures continue, but that is all that I can share for now.  I must go- it is date night, and my date is patiently waiting for me!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I so love these pics, especially the auto timed one of all of you. It is really good!
Max truly does have skills with a football and when did Joe get so tall????
Love you all!

Anonymous said...

You all look so happy and healthy, truly...lucky you!!! I'm so glad that your fam visits you so often...lucky you:)

I promise to blog something soon. Luv ya, miss ya!

Niccole