April 24, 2012

Life Moves Pretty Fast

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Ferris Bueller


I'm feeling sentimental.  By the end of the week, my baby will be three years old, and there is nothing like a birthday to make you reflect on time and how quickly it passes.  So, as we've been enjoying some unusually fabulous weather, I've been doing my best to take it all in- to look around, to picnic, to play, to enjoy, to not freak out when I find a certain boy hiding under the table with some lipstick and nail polish...


No need to freak out.  It isn't like he took a sharpie to my furniture.  I told him that he looked pretty, I let him prance about for a bit, and then I showed him his face in a mirror, and he gasped, "Oh no! Take it off, Mommy!"

Anyway...
I am in love with this view.


It makes me happy and makes me feel like the day should not be wasted.  It makes me push everyone out the back door in the morning to take over our culdesac.



Lucy asked me to take off her training wheels.  She is determined to ride her bike like a big girl, and she is doing great!




And as for me, I tried something new last week.  No, I'm not getting ready to join the circus, training on small tricycles...


A new yoga studio just opened in our neighborhood, Pure 8, and their introductory rate inspired my morning-workout group of girlfriends to give it a try.  I was skeptical about both the "hot" and the "yoga" components of "hot yoga", but I am pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the classes.  I mean, I sweat like I am in hell, but there is something very purifying about it, and I think that the most beneficial part for me is the focus on breathing.  I can get pretty wound up throughout the day.  Slowing down to take deep breaths and "get in tune with my body", as they say, is pretty nice.  If you are local, I suggest you give it a try.  For $8, a 15-day pass is a low risk investment. 

My mom had a birthday yesterday, and I wish I could have celebrated with her. 
Happy Birthday, Mom!  Let's go on a trip. Somewhere tropical.  With great shopping.  Oh, and your credit card :)  I love you!   Love, Your First Born
Exactly 3 years ago!


The rest of the week will be spent planning a birthday for this guy-


Oh, wait, now he looks like this-


They grow up so fast!

Update: We officially have a bike-rider!


6 comments:

Lisa said...

Do you live in Pleasantville??? Because that is what it looks like!!! Everything looks so green and beautiful and your kiddos all look like they are living the life!!!

Go LUCY!!!! So proud of you!!! She looks so OLD!!! AND GROWN UP!!!!!

I can't believe Max is going to be 3!!! I really can't!!!!! He is so adorable even when he is up to his tricks!!!

Joe looks super cool too!!! Speaking of the opposite of cool...HOT YOGA MOMMA!!!! You look amazing and I am going to force you to go with me when you come for a visit so I can try it with a friend!!!

LOve you so much!!!! Great Post!!! :)

Just Me said...

What fun pics of all of you! Tell Lucy I am so very proud of her and I can't wait to see her ride her bike.
I love Devon with her, the look on his face. Tell Devon I love that he is such a very good dad.
I love Joe on his bike, tell Joe I can't wait to see him play baseball (I keep missing them).
Bubs will be 3 and I will tell him Happy Birthday when I see him. I can't wait to see him at his very own birthday party!

Anonymous said...

Love u!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, it's me, Niccole!

Julianne said...

I love Devon's expression behind Lucy riding! Love and miss you all!

Wilson Girlzz said...

It looks beautiful on your little culdesac! Green and loverly!

I am super proud of Lucy!! In her fancy dresses...riding without training wheels is pretty awesome...we still have one who shall remain nameless who freaks if we even bring up the thought of taking them off. I now have a little something to taunt her with ;o) Please give Lucy a high-five for me!

Enjoy the last of the 2's with Max!
I can hardly believe he's going to be 3 on Friday! WOWZA!