Still cold!
I'm noticing a few things- 1) my blog is becoming a weather report, 2) lately, I seem to only post on Mondays, and 3) not much is happening around here.
Here are a few of the happenings over the past week-
The dinosaurs, Little Ponies and Princesses had a block party. Talk about a good time!
And we played Memory, with a rather unconventional layout of the cards. We have not finished a game. Ever. Oh, and evidently clothing is optional.
The kids played dress-up. The masked man is Joe, of course. Lucy is a queen. And Max is a samurai, or a "samo-why".
Devon enjoyed his days off, cozy under a blanket and with a cup of tea.
And I've been trying my best to get outside when it isn't raining or snowing. Today I bundled the kids and bribed them with jelly beans to sit in the stroller and let me go for a walk. We walked to the new hospital that is near our house, and then we met up with some friends at a park nearby. The jelly beans worked wonders to minimize the gripes like, "I'm cold! I'm bored! Where are we going? Are we there yet? Why are we at the hospital? When are we going to the park?" I deny that they are outgrowing the stroller :)
I've been cooking and baking a lot, which is a decent way to spend time indoors, right? I've been finding recipes on Pinterest, and if you looking to try something new, I've linked all of these A+ winners to their original source, snickerdoodles, spaghetti aglio, olio e peperocino, Reece's peanut butter banana bread, avocado chicken salad on baked taco shells, chocolate chip zucchini brownies, 58 calorie Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins (mine somehow worked out to be 91 calories each), and Creamy Crock Pot Chicken. By far, the family-fave was the PB banana bread. Yum!
Oh, and I've also spent a decent amount of time each day trying to convince Max that haircuts are not scary.
That's all folks!






2 comments:
I love to ready your Monday weather report complete with pics of the little and medium sized kiddies. Love the one with all three in costume and in character, especially Max's "samo-why" gaze under his head-band-and-hat. How cute is that? And Queen Lucy with the costume designer Joe. Love seeing my son's happy face. He looks most happy when he is home with his family.
Your kiddos sure are adorable all dressed up and playing together! I say keep shovin' em in that stroller!!! :) I love your Monday updates and I won't complain that I have to wait a whole 7 days for a post because you are a far better blogger than me!!! :)
Nice tip on all of the recipes! The news said that you are sending a storm our way tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment