March, already?
Bring it on- I am more than ready for some sunshine and warmth up here!
I've been in a funk lately, a weather induced funk. Don't worry, I'm not sad or depressed, and our little family is doing well, but these grey skies are bringing my energy down, making me sing the blues, and I'm not a very good singer so, if you can imagine, it is a pitiful scene!
So, lets get a blog post written and posted, shall we? It has been a while. Here's what you've missed-
* snuggles on the couch while taking pictures with my cell phone.
* an Indiana Jones themed game of dress-up, prompted by Joe. Look at my cute little, um, adventurer! (What is Indiana Jones? A crime fighter? A cowboy? An outlaw? Maybe I should watch the movies.)
* Joe and Max were playing together, and I overheard Joe say, "Max, this is a very special day for you. Today you become a big boy." I peeked in to find Joe sharing his Legos with his delighted younger brother. A special day, indeed!
* We had lunch with Devon's stepmom, Nevada, while she had a layover in Seattle. She had just returned from Thailand and we got to hear a bit about her trip. Not to mention, we hadn't seen her in over 2 years, so it was great to catch-up.
* The kids and I spent some time at the McDonalds indoor play structure, and surprisingly no one is sick yet! We get desperate for activities outside of the house when the weather is so poopy.
* Joe had his first baseball practice, which is a sure sign that spring is on its way!
* My girlfriend Monica was in town from Georgia, so I got to escape from the house all by myself and meet her for dinner.
* I am doing a Bible study at Eastridge Church and it is rocking my world, in a really good way :) It is a study on the book of James, and it is written by Beth Moore.
* My dear friend Allison is due to welcome a baby boy into the world any day now and I am just dying to hear of his arrival. At times like these, it is a shame that there are a handful of states separating us, because I want to rub her prego belly and then visit her in the hospital and sniff that sweet baby!
* Joe's voice is beginning to change, but don't tell him that I told you. Play it cool, okay?
* I miss my family in California. I miss California. I miss being warm.
* And, finally, I am sorta dieting. Like, I have a goal and a plan and stuff, and after full week of said plan, I am doing well, thanks to a heckofalotof willpower and to this app on my phone-
Until next time... stay warm!







5 comments:
What sweet pics of my darling grandkids. It must have been great to see Neva! Hi Neva!
I too am anxious for warmer weather. When are we moving to Caifornia?? :-)
Hey You!
Nice to see ya again :o)
I miss being warm too - and completely understand your funky feelings. I am suffering as well!
The Bible study you are doing is soooo on my to-do list! I can't wait to read and get rocked.
I love you!
Oooooo I want to get rocked!! I can do it too??? Sorry it's not sunny! California hearts you too!!! Shhhh I have a secret...you are welcome anytime!!! :)
I love all the updates and don't worry we will play it cool with Joe! LOL!
Oooooo I want to get rocked!! I can do it too??? Sorry it's not sunny! California hearts you too!!! Shhhh I have a secret...you are welcome anytime!!! :)
I love all the updates and don't worry we will play it cool with Joe! LOL!
Oooops double comment! Sowwy!
Post a Comment