September 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Forget January 1st- Today is a day to celebrate!

BACK TO SCHOOL.... a new year!



Joseph started the 5th grade today, and he wouldn't let me take the annual first day of school picture from our porch as usual, so I had to take it right before he walked out the door. But don't worry, I snuck a pic from the porch after he crossed the street and walked onto campus :)






After I got Joe out the door, it was time for Stroller Strides, and I lost some weight today! Not in my butt or thighs, but in my stroller! Today was the first time that I sat Max in the stroller rather than in his infant seat, and I could totally tell that the stroller was lighter without the infant seat. I was a little worried that he was too small and that he would be too floppy, but he seemed to love facing forward and was asleep within minutes!












AND THEN... the celebration continued because I got a package in the mail!






I received a Good Sheesh Box from Andrea, and, let me tell you, it was full of GOOD SHEESH!! All of my favorite things- from jalapeno potato chips and Junior Mints to pajamas and a candle, this box was full of love and was such a treat! Andrea even crafted a frame and put in a picture of my kiddos :) Thank you Andrea!! I feel spoiled and loved! Every single item was so thoughtful and so perfect!






New Year's Day is ending with all 3 kids asleep before 10pm. Wow! Maybe I should get off the computer and make the most of the time alone with my husband.
But before I go, here is one more pic of Lover Boy :) I kept checking on him in his crib when he was supposed to be napping, but I just kept finding this happy face!



4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I'm so happy your box made it to you on "Happy New Year's Day!"

The pictures of Max are so cute...I love his smile! And I seriously can't believe how tall Joe is getting!!

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE YOU!!!

Leslie said...

Yeah schools back in!!!! Great job Andrea on the sheesh box! I am sure that was just what you needed!!! Hooray for stroller being lighter!!! It's a good day, relax and enjoy your date with hubby tonight :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Happy New Year indeed!!!! You crack me up! 5th Grade? Are you sure? Wow Joe is growing up sooo fast! So funny that he wouldn't let you take the picture outside!! :))) At least you snuck one like a good Mama would!!!

A Good Sheesh Package?! OMGSH! How fun! How thoughtful!!! Andrea is the best!!! Just what the doctor ordered!!! Do you have any junior mints left? I am guessing they were the first to go!!! New jammies?! YAY!!!!

HUGE PROPS as usual for your stoller striding efforts! SO glad that you got to ditch some extra weight!

comfy cozy said...

Hooray for back to school and a hip hip hooray for Andrea's super duper thoughtful box of goodies!! I want some candy delivered at my doorstep! BTW, where oh where did you get the frame Andrea? I love it!

Max is adorable and I love that he just passed out within minutes! He is such a good boy! And stroller strides... should I just confess right now that I feel a slight guilt mixed with envy everytime I hear those two words! :)