Devon had a birthday (September 3rd), and we have been keeping so busy that his special day went unnoticed in blog-world! Sorry, Dev! So, now, two weeks later, I'd like to back-track a bit :)
THE BIG 3-9!!! His final lap of the 30's! I think it is safe to say that the 30's have been kind to Devon-- he upgraded his wife (yes, I SAID IT!) and welcomed two new babies, he was promoted at work, he traveled a bunch, and he is well on his way to meeting his goal of being in the best shape of his life by his 40th birthday (more details on that later!).
Devon really wanted to spend his birthday on the golf course, so he wisely planned a work-outing on his special day, meaning that he and all of his work buddies golfed on the company's dime. Smart man, that hubby of mine!
He got home just in time to have a 40 minute birthday party with the kids and his mom (dinner, presents, and a low-fat ice cream cake)...
and then we were out the door! Our friends, the Adcocks, gave Devon their tickets to the Seahawks final pre-season game! We sat in the Hawk's Nest, and we loved the seats!
Max got a ton of attention at the game. As it turns out, drunk football fans love babies!
Side note: I am pretty comfortable breast-feeding anywhere- restaurants, Mariners games, movie theaters, church... but I have found a place where I just couldn't do it! Not quite a La Leche League crowd, you know? So, when Max was ready, I went to the ladies room and sat on the floor and nursed him. You do whatcha' gotta' do!
We enjoyed the evening, Max was a super-fan, though he fell asleep before the game was over.
Devon had a great birthday :)
I sure love that 39 year old!
5 comments:
You'd never guess Devon was 39! Looks like he had a really nice birthday and I agree his 30s have been good to him! Happy belated birthday Devon!
I agree with everything that Jacqui said... Devon does look great for being almost 40! :)
And although I don't know the previous model, you are the cat's meow so it is a no brainer that he definitely upgraded models! Do you like how I refer to you as a "model," like in a car or something?!
Love the pic of you three at the game! It looks so cozy and fall-ish there! Oh, and just reading your whole breastfeeding dilemma makes me seriously so sad- I miss it more than anything in the world right now! I was just talking with Danny about that last night. :( Props to a mommy though for doing whatcha gotta do!!
I knew the previous model and you are definitely a huge upgrade, as a wife and mother both. Great pics of Devon and his last reign of the 30's. How can my youngest son be almost 40? It looks good on him and he has done very well for himself in all ways.
Annie!! You crack me up! Upgrade? You are killing me! That is a no brainer! Happy 39 Devon!! The Blake's are certainly excited for the reveal of the best shape of his life Devon! I have an inside track on the method so I can't wait to see the results!
The game looked super fun! Your nursing story was hilarious! Max is adorable by the way! Such a little man already!!!!
Happy Late Birthday Dev! What a great party-day he had - sport filled and an ice cream cake?! What's not to love!?
I'm super happy that Dev's 30's have been so good to him - it's inspiring for all of us who are just embarking on the decade.
He really is a lucky guy - with such a great family and a job he loves...life is good!
And, I totally don't blame you for not wanting to nurse in the Hawks Nest! :o)
Post a Comment