If my life was a circus, I'd be a juggler. Now, I've never been able to juggle anything-- not oranges, tennis balls, knives, chain saws... but I'm working on my act of juggling my children. I can nurse Max, help Joe with his homework, make snacks, draw with Lucy, and call Devon on the phone to see how fast he can get home from work, all at the same time! I can also change Max's diaper while reading a book to Lucy and help Joe find every piece of his baseball uniform all at the same time! Right now I am rocking Max to sleep, playing with Lucy (she hands me fake food and I hand her back imaginary money) and typing one-handed all at the same time!
I know, I know-- every mother performs a juggling act, but I'm going to come right out and admit that I'm pooped! I've been told that it gets easier. Someone tell me that it gets easier!
Here are some pics from our trip to California for Molly's graduation as well as some other pics :) My camera battery died shortly after I got to my parents' house (and I left my charger at home), so fortunately my mom and Lisa took a lot of pictures (neither of which I have available to put in this blog).
I know, I know-- every mother performs a juggling act, but I'm going to come right out and admit that I'm pooped! I've been told that it gets easier. Someone tell me that it gets easier!
Here are some pics from our trip to California for Molly's graduation as well as some other pics :) My camera battery died shortly after I got to my parents' house (and I left my charger at home), so fortunately my mom and Lisa took a lot of pictures (neither of which I have available to put in this blog).
Max's first trip on an airplane
Me and my favorite travel-buddy
My parents and my babies
Lu and Ellee
My favorite nephew, Brady
Joseph and Lucy have been playing hide-and-seek in our house, and I couldn't resist taking this picture of Lucy hiding! Needless to say, Joe found her :)
Joe and Lucy peek through Joe's ball-toss game for his school's Market Day
And finally, my happy Max!!! It is so hard to get a good photo angle of a flopsy baby!
He might be day-dreaming about boobs :)
6 comments:
OH HOW I'VE MISSED YOU!!!
My favoriteeeee picture is of Lucy hiding!
I am SO happy you caught it on film!
Buddy, I don't know how you do it, every day, all day. Really, I admire you! Everytime I think my world is crazy I imagine having one more and I think "oh shnikes that would be hard" -
I can't speak from experience, but it must get easier. Your mom made it through - you've got some good genes working for you!
Ok, this comment is too long...can you tell I miss you!? We need to catch up!
Just remember to try and get a nap in every once in a while! I didn't do it enough and I regret it!
Also, dark chocolate is your best friend right now. It really does help you with your seratonin levels. I was always a little bit happier after eating mine... I'm still eating it!
It will get better, eventually. And hey, I'll be by Saturday with dinner for you. One last thing you'll have to think about!
ANNIE!!! You blogged!!! Gosh, I am torn between the picture of the super elusive hiding Lucy and the picture of you and your best travel buddy Lucy!!! So cute!!!
Pooped you should be, really mother of the year is headed your way! The multitasking you are capable of us is a feat worthy of a gold medal! Hang in there Mama!
The good news is...Yes almost everyone tells me that is gets waaaay easier!!! BTW you are already a rock star with your already hot post baby bod and baby juggling skills! I already saw you in action and travelling alone with a one month old and a two year old and not being asked to please fly another airline next time indicates that you are going to be just fine!
You feel free to let loose in blog world though! I am sure there are some tears still to be shed I know I cried right along with Maysyn sometimes! We want to know everything! No complaint too small!
Okay I am getting the long comment hook ;)
Whoa!
New background and layout!
LOVE IT!!
:o)
You've been missed, Annie!!! You are such a good ring-master in your little circus! I have zero advice for you, only compliments that you are doing an amazing job! You even had a moment to bust out with a cute new layout! I really don't know how you do it...I'm so scared for baby no. 2 that I think about it at least a few times a day! And you travelled solo, too!! Lisa told me you made it all look so easy. So think of that when you need a toot-toot! You may have times where you're totally losing it internally but on the outside I hear you make it look like a cake walk!
I'm with Lisa...no detail too small for blog world! Like, how does a mama go to the bathroom?! I need more info. to better decide if/when for baby no. 2!
You look great Stroller Strides Mama! Oh, and I love the pic of Lucy "hiding!"
Annie, you will win the Multi-Tasking Mommy of the Year award! I am so impressed that you even had the ambition to travel with both kids. You're incredible! You can bet when I have Brooklyn, I will be asking you for advice! And I don't think I'll be updating my blog and making cool backgrounds like you, either! Great Blog and photos!
Post a Comment