June 18, 2013

School is Out!

There has been a lot going on around here, and it is almost too much for this hormonal and exhausted mama.  The tears flow at an impressive rate, and I have absolutely no control over when the tears come or go!  Sigh.  Saying goodbye to the school year proved to be a more emotional ordeal than expected, but I got through it, and the kids are feeling pretty good about what they accomplished this year.
 
Max finished preschool!  He was the first of the kids to celebrate the arrival of summer vacation.  Lucy and I met him at his classroom and took a look at his very special end-of-the-year scrapbook.  Yes, there were tears.  He has such a great time at school, and to think that I didn't intend to enroll him at all until this coming September!  He knew that he was ready, and he was right.  His teachers were so kind, and one of them told me that she believes that Max has a very sweet heart.  You better believe he does!  We don't call him Lover Boy for nothing!  The same teacher shared a laugh with me when we recalled his first day of school and the toilet flooding incident.  Oh bubs, you keep life interesting!



The next day was Joseph's 8th Grade Promotion ceremony.  When I was in Jr. High, we had a graduation, but now they seem to call it "promotion" though it was very much like a graduation except that it was during school hours.  So, Devon and I packed up the little people and squeezed our way into the gym's bleachers to show our support of our 8th grader.  The principle gave her first speech, and, yes, the tears began to flow...  she said something along the lines of "as parents you might not feel ready for high school, but I can assure you that your students are ready...." I sure hope so!
 
My pictures of the event are pretty bad because I had Lucy wiggling on my lap, and our video of Joe being announced didn't turn out at all because Max was on Devon's lap and he put his arm up to wave to Joe and completely blocked the camera lens. 





Joe didn't actually finish school until today, but the past two days have only been school parties and assemblies.  But now he is truly done with school, ready for summer, and looking forward to high school.
 
And then there is Lucy.  Of all of the emotions that the end of the year brought upon me, Lucy finishing kindergarten actually made me feel quite sad.  She had such a great year at a really great school, made some special friends, and she grew so much.  I just know how fast elementary school flies by, and it pains me to say that she is going to be in 1st grade!  Before I know it she will be in 2nd grade, and then 3rd.... and I just wish that kindergarten could last a couple years longer!





And as for that fourth child, he or she is chillin' in the belly, about the size of a plum, making me a little nuts, but I am counting down the days until the second trimester when I am hoping to pull myself together a bit :)  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annie!! You have been so busy!! But, it sounds like you handled it beautifully:) I'm so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!!

Luv ya!
niccole

Just Me said...

Your kids are growing up soooo very fast! You must be a very proud mama!

Lisa Blake said...

I can't believe how fast time is flying!!!! Joe looks like a man!!! Everybody is adorable and I love that you are keeping the blog alive!!! I love seeing what you are up to. Your plum is worth it! I promise! Just give him/her a little snuggle for me and wipe those tears with a spoon as you scoop yourself some ice cream! :)))

Julianne said...

I just love love love all the pictures you post!!! Thank you so much for having a blog so that us long-distance relatives can share in your experiences :)