January 20, 2013

6

Our Lucy Kate turned 6 years old last Monday. 
What a delightful little lady she is becoming.  In the past, I've been sad when Lucy's birthday rolls around, because I miss her being a baby, so tiny and new.  This year, for whatever reason, I didn't feel sad.  She is growing up so nicely- going to school, losing teeth, learning to read, finding new interests that excite her...
 
Lucy wanted a fairy theme for her birthday.  We invited all of the girls from her kindergarten class, plus a few extra friends.
 
Aunt Merry arrived first...
 
and she brought a beautiful cake that she made
and a party dress!
 
 
We were all ready for the party to begin! 
 

 
 
14 kids,
1 teenager,
5 mamas,
1 aunt,
and 1 grandma.
A full house!
 
It was such a great party for our little fairy!
 
Grandma stayed late to play with Lucy and her new puzzles, dolls, art projects, etc.
 
 
Lucy loves her "Lalalucy" doll, handmade by Katie :)
 

On her real birthday,
Lucy went to school, wearing new tights and a leotard,
matching her little cousin Lyla, who is visiting from Alaska.
 
 

 Then she had a special McDonald's birthday lunch date with Caleb.


I had a happy girl :)
It could only get better with a special dinner- Lucy chose baked potato soup- and ice cream cones.
 
 
 
Cheers to 6, Lu!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

I just love the pic of Lu with her mint choc chip ice cream cone with a candle in it! She is growing into a very smart, funny, lovely girl. You have a lot to be proud of!

Wilson Girlzz said...

6!!
Lucy is adorable and I love that you are feeling good about your little girl growing up...it's pretty fun to have a buddy like that to spend your days with :o)

Her party looks like it was awesome - nice pink decor and I love your balloon picture...teach me how to do that!!