June 13, 2012

The Season Finale

Last night was Joe's final baseball game of the season.  It wasn't the winningest season, if "winningest" is even a word, but you get used to losing baseball games when you live in the Pacific Northwest (that was a burn on the Mariners) (and that will surely upset my husband).
It was fun to watch the games (in sunshine and rain), cheer for the boys, make new friends with the other parents/fans, and find new ways to keep Max and Lucy entertained.  My new saying became "It's not whether you win or lose; it's if mama brought enough snacks and toys."

I thought bubbles were a good idea, but they both spilled their bottles after two minutes.

A disc of game photos was distributed to the parents, and I thought I'd share a few pics of our very own #8.








(By the way, I've always told Joe that if he was Native American, his name would be Chief Skinny Butt. He doesn't think that this little joke of mine is very funny at all, but as you can see in these pictures, and accentuated by his baseball pants, Chief Skinny Butt is truly a fitting tribal name!)

3 comments:

Just Me said...

I love these pics of Chief Skinny Butt, very good ones, and love that he sticks his tongue out when he throws. Great pitching stance pics and throwing the bat off.
Go get 'em, #8!

Molly Andersson said...

You are a great mama! Even if the bubbles did spill... :) And go Chief Skinny Butt!!! He sure looks awesome in his action shots! And I thought your Mariners burn was rather funny.. what did devon do??

Wilson Girlzz said...

Get the Chief a steak and leave the Mariners alone!! ;o)

(love you!)