July 1, 2009

Max-aroo, Month #2!



Max turned 2 months old last Saturday!




Max is healthy and happy. At his doctor visit last week, he weighed in at 12 lbs. 6 oz., and he measures 24 1/2 inches long. I have officially moved him into 3-6 month clothes, and I am SO grateful to my friends Jacqui and Katie for their hand-me-downs! I shouldn't have to buy Max clothes for a long time!

Max smiles and "talks," and he still snorts when he fusses. His snorts sound like a little piglet!

I was able to return to Stroller Strides after my 6 week post-partum check-up, and though the workouts are totally kicking my post-partum booty, it does help that this is my view-




I brought Lucy's play-mat out of storage to see if Max was ready for it yet, and he loves it! He looks at the hanging toys and hits them. It can keep him entertained for 20 minutes if his mood is right (and if Lucy doesn't insist on being on the mat with him).




Last night I brought Lucy's old swing out, and he likes the swing too, when Lucy doesn't insist on pushing the swing or stacking her fake food on his tray as if he is a hostage--I mean customer--at her restaurant!






Now that the weather is getting warmer (70s-80s all week!), I love that Max can hang out in just a diaper (he has dark fuzz on his shoulders!), or just a onesie (his thighs are getting chunky!).


The little bit of hair that he was born with is beginning to fall out, and I suspect that he will be bald just like Lucy was when she was tiny.





The general consensus is that Max resembles Devon, and Grandma Donna says that looking at Max is like looking at baby Devon. Here is a picture of baby Dev-- what do you think?




Max's nicknames so far are Max-aroo, Max-apoo, Maxy (I know, I know, this one has to stop!), Little Buddy, and I am trying to get Lover Boy to catch on, but so far no one supports me on this one :)





Nursing is much easier for me this time around, and Max eats like a champ. He is sleeping well too-- he typically gives me a 6-7 hour stretch at night (THANK YOU GOD!).






Well, I think that is a complete update on little Lover Boy! Now it is time to change his poopy diaper!

7 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Great update and pictures of Lover Boy! (that is kind of a mama's boy nickname...sorry!)

I totally can see the resemblence between Dev and Max as babies! It's awesome!

The funniest part, to me, has to be Lucy playing resturant with Max while he is 'held hostage' in his swing - what a cute sight that must be!

Enjoy your sleep - I am SO jealous! You must be producing some milkshake quality milk...satisfying and filling! Good work mama!

Oh, and how could I not comment on your quick return to Stroller Strides?! YOU ROCK!!

LOVE YOU!!! Super Mom!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I love Lover Boy!!!! It's my faaavorite!!! Gosh he is so yummy! I could gobble gobble gobble him right up!!! He is so plump and juicy!!

Annie you are a rock star!! Mother of 3 and two under 3 and stroller striding?! I can barely muster the big walk I take with Doug every night!

Oh and I think he looks just like Lucy did!! The perfect mix of the two of you!

I almost can't comment on his slepping abilities. It is just too painful! I have a sixteen month old who might sleep less half of the week!

Great update Mama Rantz!!!

Jacqui Lott said...

Love the photos. He definitely looks like Devon. Wow!

Can't believe he's 2 months old already. And you are a ROCK STAR for coming back to Stroller Strides already!

Have a great weekend!

comfy cozy said...

Whoa! How did I nearly miss this precious post of Lover Boy?! Annie, I love the update with all the pics that bring me right into your world! He's adorable and I do see the similarities but I am seeing some of Lucy too! So, I'm voting for halfsies...though that's always subject to change! :)

You really are amazing for jumping right back into stroller strides! I mean it, you should be sooo proud of yourself! I am just now considering up-ing my activity level! I guess it helps that Lover Boy is letting you sleep! That's awesome and there is no jealousy here at all for what I endured in those early days! :)

BTW, I totally appreciate the fact that you're still bloggin' away even though you're a super busy mama of 3!!

Just Me said...

Just adorable pics of Lover Boy. At the rate he is growing "Maxie" won't last too long. Max does look like Devon as a baby, even the almond eyes are apparent in the one of Devon you have framed on the wall, him at 6 months or so standing and holding himself on the coffee table.

By the way, you are looking great so the stroller striding is paying off.

Leslie said...

He is soooooo beautiful!!! I LOVE him and can't wait to see him! I think he does look like Devon! And I really, really like lover-boy too :)

Sonia said...

Annie - he is ADORABLE! I have a blog that I don't tend to keep up very well - www.jeffandsonia.blogspot.com but you can keep up with my kiddos there! It si so great to see your family this way. It's better than nothing! Next time you are in town let me know and we will get together! I miss you!

Sonia