July 16, 2009

I Wish

I know that I am completely blessed, and I certainly try not to take anything for granted, but I have a wish list, and here are some wishes on that list:



I wish that I got a paycheck. I sure work hard, and we could really use the money.

I wish that Lucy took regular naps every day and that she went to bed every night around 8:30.

I wish that my house looked like it was out of a Pottery Barn catalog. And the areas in my house with toys could look like a Pottery Barn Kids catalog.

I wish that I had a hobby/talent, such as sewing, or singing, or running marathons, or cooking.

I wish that it wasn't unhealthy to be tan, because I look much better with a tan.

I wish that during my occasional "me time" I wasn't thinking and worrying about my kids.

I wish that I had more time alone with my husband.

I wish that I had fascinating things to talk about with my husband.

I wish that I had at least one item in my closet that was in style.

I wish that Max would forever love me as much as he loves me right now :)

I wish that my mom lived within driving distance :(

I wish that garlic didn't make me stinky.

I wish that my house didn't have so many stairs.

I wish that Joe didn't insist on wearing socks 24 hours/day.

I wish that The Bachelorette didn't eliminate Reid!

I wish that I didn't have to finish this blog with only the use of my left hand since I am now feeding Max!



What's on your wish list?

8 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I wish...
I could pay you for all your hard work - you deserve it!

That I lived closer to you and could help, even if it just meant that you could come over to my house and see that it is equally "not-Potterybarn-ish."

That I could win the lottery. Really, it would solve so many problems! Not only mine, but then I could help my buddies too!

That we had AC in the cottage...and in my office!, it's 81 as I type!

That I had motivation to work out, do a situp, maybe even just eat healthy.

That Brynn slept through the night, and that Elsie didn't come into our bed at 2:00 am like clockwork, every night!

That I lived closer to you, I really could use a GOOD friend!

love you!!!

comfy cozy said...

I wish I got paid too for all my hard work and maybe a little extra when I've passed the fifth mark of reading the same book to Han in one day! :)

I wish that my new posts would stinkin' update and that I didn't feel like I had to go private because of one lousy, lame person!

I wish that I didn't feel like I just came off the battlefield at every eating session with Hanna and that she would just learn to love food!

I wish that I had some motivation to work out! It has been many, many years and I feel so ashamed and lazy about the whole thing! Along the same lines, I wish I wasn't such a carbotarian!

I wish that there was a mandatory time each day where I HAD to do a craft! :)

I kinda wish I didn't join FB because now I go on a few times a day!

I wish that I had a surplus of energy for my husband when he gets home from work. Sigh. Instead I'm usually counting down the minutes to go to bed!

Wow, Annie, I could really go on and on with this one! I love wishful thinking! Mmm, maybe someday all our dreams will come true!

Annie said...

great wishes ladies!
keep 'em coming! I really could go on and on...
Andrea, I can't believe that it is so hot in your office!! We don't have AC in our house either, and our bedroom has been in the 80s at night lately. ugh! If I won the lotto, I'd hook you up too :)

Sadina, I love the idea of a little bonus for reading the same book 5 times, or how about a bonus for, say, cleaning poo out of the bathtub? And I like your mandatory craft time too!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Girls, Girls, Girls!!! I love this post!!! You know what I wish??? That I had time to tell you all what I wish! But my day hasn't stopped since it began and there is a dinner half cooked and a load of laundry unfolded and a skin to skin tugging at my leg!!

Never fear...I will be back! But maybe not until 5 a.m. because that's the only "me time" I can find! :)))))))

Jacqui Lott said...

Great list, Annie! I'm right there with you on almost all of them. (why does it bother you that Joe wears socks 24/7?)

Annie said...

Great question, Jacqui!
First of all, he doesn't take his socks off when he goes to bed, but then he kicks them off in the middle of the night and they collect at the bottom of his sheets, only to be discovered when he runs out of socks or when I wash his sheets. Next, if he doesn't take the time to put on his shoes, he goes outside in just his socks, so they get worn and stained, and he won't just slip on flip flops because he doesn't want to take off his socks!!!

Just Me said...

I could at this moment make a list of all the things I am glad for:

That I don't have young kids anymore.
That I have all the time I want to myself.

On the other hand, at least one could be put into the other category of wishes:

I wish I had more money so that
I could do more things I wish I could with my time, like:

Travel to Mexico again, I miss it so much.

Travel to Europe...never been.

Not have to worry about stretching my one small monthly check to the end of the month.

I too wish I had a job.

And mostly mostly of all: I wish I lived closer to you and Devon and my grandkids so I could enjoy them even more often and help you.
If you need help, I am here, just call or text. I love to spend time with your kids, no matter what mood they are in.

So you see wishes never end. They just change.

Annie, you are a very good writer and I know I have told you this before, but this could make you money. You could write a column for young mothers. I don't think anyone else is doing it. You have humor and a way of viewing your life that is very interesting and helpful to others as well.

Katie said...

I wish...

That my husband saw the shit (pardon my french, but sometimes it's neccessary) nightmare in the crib this morning and cleaned it up, instead of just saying "WOW!!!" and walking away!

I wish I had more time to let you know all my other wishes, but I don't right now. Life of a mom of 3!